Monday, May 13, 2013

Shellac nails: a healthier option to acrylic!

Say hello to the future of nails. Shellac is the newest nail trend to hit the beauty salons! It is patent-pending UV3 technology that is said to “go on like polish, but wear like a gel.” Shellac is the first hybrid nail color to hit the market and is said to last for 14 solid days. No chipping, no smudging, and no cracking are a guarantee. No false nails glued on to your nail - just your natural nails, shaped the way you want, with an uber shiny finish. The UV technology allows for zero dry time, plus, it’s hypo-allergenic. 

When I first heard about Shellac nails, I was skeptical about the difference between shellac and acrylic. But alas, although it sounded too good to be true, I decided to give it a go. For $30 for a full set of polished paws (not bad, eh?), I was impressed. Not only are they cheaper and longer-lasting then false acrylic nails - they are also tonnes healthier for you! 

Check out my Vogue inspired 'dusk grey' shellac paws below. I'm hooked on this stuff! xx





No comments:

Post a Comment