Sunday, August 8, 2010

;Itty bitty vital words


Short and sweet: Get out of your own way.  You say you want to find love then bemoan the countless reasons it’s eternally elusive.  Okay, pick your poison:
   
*There are no good guys out there. 
*Why are all women psycho and/or gold diggers? 
*No way. He has a reciting hair line and wears checkers with stripes.
*She says she’s okay with my weekly boys only poker games but I know she doesn’t mean it. 
*He talks while he’s eating. Ewwww!  
*He's great fun to be with but I'm not physically attracted to him
*I know he’s gonna hurt me sooner or later so I’d better bail while I still have a chance..
*She’s a vegetarian and I love steak. How can that ever work? 
*He’d be insulted if I told him I prefer less tongue while we’re kissing. Guess we’ll never be sexually compatible. 
*She’s a little too close to her mum.  
* I really like him, but I know he's bad for me. 


   
The excuses why a potential partner can come close, but not close enough, to being "The One" are infinitive. Obviously there are numerous valid reasons to bail before anything blossoms– he/she is emotionally volatile and unstable; your major life goals don’t mesh (i.e.: he wants a pack of small fry; you want to change the world), or he's just not what you're looking for etc.  But until and unless you deal with your own fears and blocks and disconnects, as sad as it is to say - you’ll always remain an Admit One.  
   
So if you're one of the millions looking for love, note to self: stop the excuse; the litany of the"why are all the good ones are taken and all I ever get is dregs?" conversation you know you've had with your self way too many times before. If you truly want love, to find your soul-mate, that special someone who completes you like the missing piece to a puzzle... then approach love with an open mind. Instead of weighing up the negatives, look at the positives. You might already be starring it in the face... maybe you're just too stubborn to realise. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment